Sunday, October 30, 2011

Shenanigans

What a fun and busy week for the Murrays! Work hard, play hard...and that's just what we did. Drew ordered the first season of "Breaking Bad," so we decided that it would be fun to have "dinner and a show" nights with the Sayers. They came over on Thursday to eat chili and watch the first episode and it was so fun that we decided to have round two this weekend. If you haven't seen this show before, you should check it out!
The following pictures were taken Friday. Dr. Drewlittle, as Drew likes to call himself, watched our dogs along with Amanda's dog (Wallie ) and Haley's dog (Tilly). It was a true doggy daycare over here.
Zoe, Tilly, Zilker & Wallie
Zilker
Zoe
Friday night was Date Night! We went to the Alamo Drafthouse Ritz, which is the downtown theatre where you can order food and drinks during the show. It is right on 6th street, so we were able to walk there, which was great because the weather was perfect. It is finally getting "chilly" here and I am loving it.

The Alamo Drafthouse- Ritz

We saw the new movie "The Rum Diary" and it was great! I love me some Johnny Depp. Here is a summary: "Paul Kemp is a freelance journalist who finds himself at a critical turning point in his life while writing for a run-down newspaper in the Caribbean. Paul is challenged on many levels as he tries to carve out a more secure niche for himself amidst a group of lost souls all bent on self-destruction." (Written by Joshua Lake)
Saturday we cheered on the Dawgs as they played the Florida Gators. A victory at last! The final score was 24-20. We were proud of our Bulldogs! That night we celebrated by going to a Halloween party. The Evite read "Halloween Bash! K-9's, Kegs, Costumes and Comida at the McMurray's." They made pulled pork tacos, cheese dip, and a whole spread of desserts. Drew and I dressed up as Waldo & Wenda, so all night people were saying "Where's Waldo? I can't find him anywhere." It was a joke that never got old. Here are some pictures from the evening (shout out to Meghan Sayers for being an amazing photographer):

Brad, Drew, Scott, Dustin, Clinton

Emily, Meghan, Hannah, Megan, Abby, Carolyn

Where's Waldo & Wenda?
Where's Wenda?
The Sayers: Marty McFly & Peacock

Waldo & Wenda
 Then the night got interesting....you're never too old to do kegstands, although my headache this morning may suggest otherwise.
Wenda

Waldo

Grapes- I met this girl last night...this picture was too funny not to post
Waldo & Wenda love each other
And I leave you with this quote, which suited us well this week:

We seem to be going through a period of nostalgia, and everyone seems to think yesterday was better than today.  I don't think it was, and I would advise you not to wait ten years before admitting today was great.  If you're hung up on nostalgia, pretend today is yesterday and just go out and have one hell of a time.  ~Art Buchwald





No comments:

Post a Comment