Sunday, November 13, 2011

Bed, Bites & Beyond

BED
Exciting news! We bought a new bedspread. The other one was getting a little dingy because sooommeebody (Drew) lets the dogs on the bed to cuddle for a few minutes before we go to bed. Although I don't like for the dogs to be on the furniture, sometimes it's hard to look at those cute faces and tell them to get down. Yes, I'm a pushover and all three of them know it.


BITES
  A Date Night Bite
The fastest way to my heart is through my stomach and nobody know that more than Drew. Fortunately for me, Drew loves to cook so we eat pretty well here in Austin. However, this past Wednesday was an especially good meal at the Murray household. There is nothing like coming home after a long day of work and seeing a beautiful bouquet of "Just Because I Love You" flowers sitting on the table and dinner already started. He grilled steaks while I prepared a tuna & mandarin orange salad and creamy risotto. Everything was delicious and I thoroughly enjoyed being wined and dined. Here are a couple of pictures from the evening:


Grill Master
Tuna & Mandarin Orange Salad
  A Deadly Bite

This is what I nearly stepped on when leaving work on Friday. A scorpion. I have seen some dead ones around the school, but never one that was actually breathing. Speaking of breathing, my breathing stopped when I saw how close I was to stepping on this animal. No thank you, Texas.

  A Yummy Bite
Thursday night we went to dinner with Ashley Yates, a former Chattanoogan, & our neighbors Brian and Jeff, whom we refer to as "The Gaybors." We walked down to 2nd Street and grabbed a bite of food at a new restaurant called Coal Vines. This restaurant is known for their woodfire grill pizzas and wine, so we ordered a couple of both.The atmosphere was fun, the food was amazing, and the company was the best. It was a great way to celebrate the pre-weekend weekday, also known as Thursday.

Brian, Ashley, Jeff & Drew
And this is how we found the pups when we returned from dinner-- Zilker whining at the backdoor and Zoe curled up in the flower pot. Pretty typical night for the Murray dogs.


BEYOND
  Football
Shout out to the Georgia Bulldogs! We beat/creamed Auburn this weekend so now we are closer to being in the SEC Championship! Proud to be a Dawg.
  Music Madness
Saturday night we went to the "Big Sam's Funky Nation" concert with the Sayers. They were playing at Antone's downtwon, so we met there and had a great time dancing and listening to some funky jazz music. Below are a couple of pictures from the night of debauchery.
Meghan & Megan
Clinton & Meghan


Riding a bull on the walk home
  Masks
Sundays are the best because you can just sit back and relax. I decided that my skin could use a little pick-me-up, so I grabbed my Lush Oatifix mask and began applying the mixture to my face (I'll spare you the picture). This is an all natural product that stays in the fridge and is good for two weeks. It felt amazing and did the trick--I highly recommend this product to anybody who likes to be girly every once in a while. Go to LushUSA.com


Well, that's all folks! Next weekend we are headed to both Chattanooga & Nashville--we can't wait to see everybody!


No comments:

Post a Comment