Seven days until Christmas! I just can't believe it's almost here. Between Christmas shopping, work, and holiday parties (what a rough life, ha) we have been keeping plenty busy! Last week we welcomed a special guest- Jamie, Lindsay's boyfriend, who was in town on business. Lindsay and Jamie have been dating since August and yet I have only met him twice, so it was wonderful to get to know him better and show him around Austin. I know that Drew especially loved having another guy around! We cooked out, took the pups to the park, and of course ate some delicious Mexican food at Polvos :) Here are the guys at the park...boys will be boys.
Last night we went to another holiday dinner at the McMurray's home. There were five couples there and everybody brought over a side dish. We had a wonderful time visiting with friends and feel so blessed to have a great group of friends here in Austin! No pictures from the evening...I really need to be better about that!
Last weekend we went to our first holiday party at our friend Elizabeth's house. There were about 70 people there, so it was a great way to meet people. Most of the people there were Elizabeth's church friends; however, I ended up talking to a girl named Ellen who went to a different church. She told me that it is downtown and is more contemporary, so Drew and I decided to try it out today. We loved it! We have been really bad about attending church since we moved here because we couldn't find one we connected with. The preacher today was great and he delivered the message in an entertaining way. We can walk there, which is also a bonus :) We stopped for brunch on our way home and had a great afternoon together! We are so thankful that Lake Hills was a good fit and are looking forward to going back.
Zilker has taken a new liking to Drew's fuzzy socks...trouble maker.
Three more days of work and then we begin the long drive home for the holidays! Can't wait to see friends and family!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment