Sunday, December 4, 2011

Rain, Rain Here to Stay!

Well, I don't have a lot to post about this week, so thought I would blog about the weather, which has been determining our outings lately :) We have been in a serious drought here in Austin, so the rain is much needed, but is sure does make us lazy! It has been raining for several days and it's supposed to continue through tomorrow with temperatures dropping over night. Good news though- the "burn ban" has finally been lifted, so we are talking about going camping sometime soon (I refuse to go if we can't build a fire). I also want to buy a chiminea for our back porch. We have a fireplace, but our building is so old that I am not sure I trust building a fire inside.

Friday night was date night; we went to Zax's and then came home and watched a movie with the pups. Saturday was another wet and low key day for us. I did venture outside a little for the Travis County Art Tour. People open their homes to different artists and then you get a map and decide which houses you want to visit based on the art medium. Little treats and drinks are served along the way, making each stop worth the walk. I had a blast seeing all the artwork and getting the chance to see the inside of some of these beautiful, old homes. I bought some jewelry, homemade soaps & a mosaic magnet. I wish I could have afforded some of the gorgeous oil paintings...maybe one day :)Then later in the day we had people over to eat chili and watch the SEC Championship. LSU won, but we were still proud of our Bulldogs. We ended the night at the Rainey Street District bars- what a fitting name.

Today we are watching Christmas movies...Drew said I had a gift for choosing the worst Christmas movies ever, haha. Sorry, but I love the Family Channel and Lifetime movies ;) Meghan and Clinton come over tonight to continue our "Breaking Bad" series. It's a cold, rainey, apple cider, TV watching kind of day...and I'm lovin' it!

No comments:

Post a Comment